On Wednesday, August 5, 2015, Jackson County Public Schools hosted a Microsoft IT Academy Training. The training was attended by individuals from 30 schools around the state and representatives from the Kentucky Department of Education.
The Kentucky Legislature has designated funds to offer the Microsoft IT Academy to every high school and area technology center in the state. Microsoft IT Academy offers a comprehensive technology curriculum you can use to help students learn the IT skills they need. The following curriculum is available to Kentucky schools:
- Digital Literacy - Teaches essential computing skills
- Online Learning - Access to in-depth online courses
- Lesson Plans - Full curriculum on technical subjects
- Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC) - A comprehensive program on Microsoft technologies
- Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC) - Materials for short-term courses, such as seminars and workshops